Student Housing at the Village
The Village features a unique mix of residents, including both first-year and continuing students. All freshmen are part of the First Year Experience (FYE). The FYE focuses on assisting students in their transition to Prescott College by providing seminars, events, and activities geared to meet their needs and build a strong community. Students in the FYE live together by academic program (when possible) and have a staff that is specifically trained to handle First Year and Transfer Student transitional concerns.
LEED Platinum Certification
The Village, has received LEED™ Platinum certification, the highest level in the standard developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. This achievement places Prescott College with the first ever LEED Platinum building in Yavapai County, AZ and one of few such higher education student housing facilities in the nation.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED™) certification is based on evaluation of several key areas of design for sustainability: site development, water efficiency, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. It is the accepted standard for green building certification across the nation, and is also in common use in other countries around the world.
The Village's green features include, but are not limited to:
- Energy reduction of over 90% in high efficiency design modeling.
- High efficiency LED lighting in interior and exterior applications.
- Over 95%, 550 tons, construction waste diverted from landfill.
- Low flow fixtures and toilets for 33% reduction in water use.
- Best practices for erosion control and water management during construction.
- Recycled and recyclable carpet tile, installed with minimal glue.
- Rainwater catchment system for irrigation for food producing landscaping.
- Native drylands species landscaping installed with no long-term irrigation.
- Riparian habitat protection and restoration strategies applied onsite.
- Bike parking and covered storage areas for 30% of student residents.
- Designated parking for alternative fuel, low-emissions or carpool vehicles.
Student Housing Tsegi Cottages
In addition to the Villages, Prescott College has student housing adjacent to campus. All of the Tsegi Cottages have a bathroom, kitchen and eating area. These shared living spaces give students a sense of apartment living while building community and enjoying access to campus.